Hello readers, Welcome back! (and Hurray for my 20th post!!! Woohoo!!!)
Have you ever had something odd, weird, or strange happen that seemed like it was meant to be? You connected with someone silently, almost like you've read each other's minds, and the outcome seems so perfect that it's almost implausible!?
I'm talking about MORE than just finishing each other's sentences! MORE than just being caught wearing matching outfits or colors!
Well, lately, I've witnessed a lot of freaky coincidences that I have reason to believe are MORE than just coincidences!
Though I do consider myself a highly spiritual person, I use my beliefs more as refuge, solace, and self exploration/understanding, as I may have illustrated in one of my previous blog posts titled "Signs." (Which you can read here: "Signs" And now as I'm referencing this, I'm realizing this post was made almost exactly a year ago and that's another coincidence, SMH! This is seriously freaking me out! I guess it's meant to be, ha ha!) So I don't try and use my spirituality to send subconscious messages to others or forecast the future, though I do believe that these types of abilities do exist. (I actually have had premonitions that have come true in the past and weird experiences with ESP that have led me to believe they are real)
But due to the vast quantity of events I have encountered this past month, I have created a new term. I'm calling it a "Psychic Apex." Basically, it's a period of time in which psychic abilities/tendencies/powers are at their highest point, thus causing freaky coincidences to take place, as if everyone is on the same wavelength. Here is a list of all of the interesting incidents that transcended:
1) I was having dinner with my boyfriend, (And YES, I FINALLY have a boyfriend, AT LAST! Blog post ALL about this coming soon!) we decided to get Chinese, and I happened to get a fortune cookie that read "Wise men make more opportunities than they find." I have always gotten fortunes that make accurate predictions and even remark on present occurrences as I break the cookie to read them, but this one was especially unusual, because I had just been thinking of possibly starting my own business. Maybe this is a sign!
2) My boyfriend and I had our gift exchange on the Wednesday before Christmas Eve because we knew we would be with family for the rest of that week/weekend. One of the AWESOME gifts he bought me was an Oracle card deck, which is very similar to a Tarot deck, but more flexible in its structure. I loved it and insisted we do a couple of readings.
|The beautiful Oracle Card deck my sweetheart got me! <3|
|The "Lovers" and "Hidden Beauty" cards right next to each other, the last 2 cards of our reading, signifying the purpose of our relationship. So mysterious and promising!|
|Yummy glazed Honey Buns, courtesy of my cousins!|
|Nutty Bars, one of my ALL time favorite junk foods! So creamy and delicious! And this box is Christmas edition!|
I bought my cousin Dawn these 2 happy daisy stuffed flowers as a reminder of an inside joke, and one of them was the exact color as the one she originally had, which I had no way of knowing!
|I bought Dawn the 2 on the right, Orange and Pink, and she had the Pink one before!|
|Nightmare Before Christmas Shot Glass Set that I got for Cherie. Knew she loved the movie, but didn't know she wanted these!|
They both got me a pair of warm, comfortable slippers and I had just thrown away a pair of mine that were too worn out! They weren't aware of that! It was like we were all on the same psychic page, our instincts and intuition led us to picking the perfect gifts for each other!
|Soft, Warm, Fuzzy slippers from my cousins. And they're gray! One of my fave colors! =D|
The creepiest part of that night, by far, was when I opened the biggest gift that my cousins got me. It's our tradition to wrap each other's presents a million times so they take forever to open, and sometimes we even include funny notes, jokes and/or drawings in between the wrapping papers. One of the pictures that Cherie drew was of a Snow Bunny. If you're not familiar with what the hell a "Snow Bunny" is, it's an item in the 2004 Nintendo game Paper Mario; The Thousand Year Door for GameCube.
|The Legendary "Snow Bunny" in Paper Mario|
|The highly demanded piece of Cake in Fallout 4|
|My cousin's cute drawing of a "Snow Bunny" ^_^|
|Cute and Stylish Slippers from my Auntie Robin|
5) The day after Christmas, I had gone to visit my Grandpa in Piñon Hills. It's about a 2 hour drive from LA with traffic, so my cousin Elton and I had plenty of time to chat on the way there. He was listening to a song I liked and I asked if he could send it to me. He did so via Bluetooth on his phone to mine, and while he did so, I was thinking about how I wanted a wireless Bluetooth speaker. I was shopping at the Brookstone in Paseo Colorado earlier this year and tested one out. I fell in love with it, but it was too expensive, so I left the store without buying it. So tell me why, as we arrive at my Grandpa's house, my Grandpa's wife, Julie, has gifts for us, which we weren't expecting at all, and the gift she had for me was guess what. A freaking wireless Bluetooth speaker! How crazy is that!? (I guess good things really come to those who wait, huh!?)
|JBL Clip wireless Bluetooth Speaker. Thanks Julie! <3|
6) The morning of December 27th, I went to bed at 4am. (I'm a helluva night owl, this I KNOW :P )
Before I fell asleep, I lied down and thought to myself, "I feel like there might be an earthquake today." SURE ENOUGH, there was! In Barstow CA, at approximately 10:31am, there was an earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 and was even felt in LA! How the f*ck did I know that! (My mom claims that she has the power to forecast earthquakes, maybe I got it from her, LOL! :P )
[You can read about the earthquake here: "Earthquake in Mojave Dessert Area Felt in LA" ]
7) Satchel and I are both Psychology majors, so we're really interested in Astrology and Myers-Briggs/Jungian personality types. We've taken multiple quizzes and everything. He's an Aries INFJ, and I'm an Aries ENFJ, probably why we work together so well. I'm basically just the extroverted version of him! We happened to be watching one of my favorite Youtubers, Autumn Asphodel, and she has a video where she talks about being an Aries INFJ too! No wonder why I felt so connected to her! She has videos about her negative experiences on OkCupid, and this made me think of my own experiences with the dating site. I logged into my old account that I don't use anymore and realized that a girl I had been talking to was ALSO an Aries INFJ! What are the odds!?
^^^This vid is 8 minutes long, so you don't have to watch it unless you want, but it's good!^^^
8) This past Tuesday, I was grabbing dinner and a few drinks with my bestie, Marigold, and I told her about all of these psychic phenomena happening to me this month. She said it might be due to the moon, especially since it was so full during Christmas! We exchanged gifts we had for each other, and being the amazing friend she is, she got me a Tarot card deck, knowing that I really wanted one! (Long story short, I was @ Dave & Buster's playing games, I won over 4000 tix just so I could get a Tarot card deck to learn that they had discontinued them! I was so bummed! So thanks Marigold! And thanks Satchel for my super dreamy Oracle deck too! Y'all are the best! :-*) We decided to do a few readings for fun. The first one we did was a career one for her. She flipped the first card over upon my request, and so I went to the handy dandy guide to read what it meant. Never having touched the booklet before, I accidentally flipped to the right page! What the heck!?
It gets even better. . . Later that night, we did another reading that involved Astrology. It was a more complex spread with 12 cards put into a circle like a clock, and each card represented a different sign of the Zodiac. Well, it was a very sophisticated and enticing reading, I'll tell you that much, but the best part by far was when we approached the Scorpio card. This card symbolized psychic awareness. Guess what card it was. It was the MOON!!!! How effing bizarre is that!!! We were JUST talking about that being the cause behind the psychic phenomena!!! It goes without saying we were both shocked! :-O
|"The Moon" card from the Running Press Mini Tarot Deck|
So, I bet you're wondering, what did I gather from all of these incidental occurrences? Well, I think they're all a good sign. I believe in a higher being, our creator, and karma. When you do good, it comes back to you, tenfold. Look at all of us in this post: my boyfriend, my cousins, my Aunt Robin, my Grandpa's wife Julie, and my great friend Marigold. We all opened our hearts to give thoughtful gifts to one another, and it paid off! We were all psychically linked in this unexplainable way that allowed us to be on the same wavelengths and pick perfect presents for one another as well as have insightful intuition about the world around us and what was happening. Isn't that powerful!? It goes to show if you truly open your heart, share your love with others and give, you will be greatly rewarded! So IDK if this "Psychic Apex" will continue onto 2016, but I'm very grateful for it's appearance in my life this last month of 2015, and it's a wonderful way to start off the new year!
Happy New Year, ya'll!
Thanks for reading. =)